Tuesday, February 28, 1:00 pm
City Hall, Commission Chambers, 3rd Floor
Note: This is a public meeting and comments are permitted.
If you are unable to attend and would like to send an email with your comments, contact: Antoinette Stohl
The Planning Board will consider potential areas where now-legal medical marijuana dispensaries will be allowed to operate within Miami Beach. City Commissioners placed a moratorium on dispensaries until appropriate recommendations could be made for locations as well as regulations for operation. That moratorium is sent to expire on March 18th. The Commission voted down an extension, however, a favorable recommendation by the Planning Board would initiate zoning in progress, meaning any medical marijuana dispensaries would have to comply with the proposed regulations.
The Commission has expressed a desire to have one dispensary each in South Beach, Mid-Beach, and North Beach.
Locations as described in the staff report:
The proposed ordinance identifies the following three (3) areas where one (1) medical cannabis dispensary would be allowed in each area.
- Area one (1) shall include the following subareas:
- Lots zoned CD-2, generally located along Alton Road between 6th Street and 8th Street; lots zoned C-PS2 located north of 5th Street between Ocean Court on the east and West Avenue on the west; and lots zoned C-PS2 between 5th Street on the north and 4th Street on the south between Washington Avenue on the east and Meridian Avenue on the west; and lots zoned C-PS2 fronting the south side of 5th Street between Lenox Avenue on the east and Alton Road on the west.
- Lots zoned CD-1 and CD-2 fronting Alton Road between 13th Street and 16th Street.
- Lots zoned CD-1, generally located between Alton Road on the east and north, Dade Boulevard on the south, Michigan Avenue on the west.
- Area two (2) shall include lots zoned TC-1 south of 71st Street and lots zoned TC-2 and TC-3(C), generally located between Collins Avenue on the east, 71st Street on the north, the west lot line of lots fronting Harding Avenue on the west, and 69th Street on south.
- Area three (3) shall include the following subareas:
- Lots zoned HD located north of the Julia Tuttle Causeway/Interstate I-195 as depicted in the map below:
- Lots zoned CE-3 and fronting 41st Street between Sheridan Avenue and the Indian Creek Waterway.
For other Planning Board items, see full story here.