Spacious, well-lit but not super comfortable space affiliated with Capital One Bank.
Best Coffee Shops for Working Remotely on Miami Beach Index
|Ease of Work||Environment||Overall|
|Capital One Café||1029 Lincoln Rd||3.0||3||6.0|
This isn't the most comfortable space, but there's no shortage of seating options. This is a great place to drop in if your phone or laptop needs a quick charge because electrical outlets are everywhere. The coffee special for Capital One customers is an added bonus.
- Free Wi-Fi
- Mix of options from small two-seat tables to a couple of larger tables and long bars which have ample electrical outlets; hint: sit away from the doors as there’s a lot of foot traffic coming and going
- Entrances from Lincoln Road to the front and a rear entrance from parking lot
- Two enclosed nooks and two for quieter working can be found in the hallway near the rear entrance
- Two meeting rooms that can be reserved, also in rear hallway
- Restrooms are locked and accessed via keypad but since there’s access from street traffic that’s not surprising; they are well lit, clean, and cheerful
- You don’t have to be a bank customer to work here but Capital One cardholders get 50% off Peet’s handcrafted beverages
- Lacking in personality! It’s sterile with bright lights and the security guard sitting at the back bar doesn’t help the environment (but it is a bank though it's limited to ATM machines and help desk only).
- Less natural light as it is a center storefront
- There are large upholstered seats in the center but they don’t have backs or are too deep to sit comfortably in and work
- Outdoor seating is not covered or shaded
- The music isn’t very loud but voices project in the space due to the high ceiling and open floorplan; there was a constant din of two bankers talking to each other
- Temperature a bit cold
Coffee: They serve Peet’s CoffeeSusan (skim latte): Bitter though it gets better when you get closer to the sugar at the bottom!!
Michael: It’s fine. In between Starbucks and Dunkin Donuts. Dunkin Donuts is very smooth. Starbucks is very bold. Dunkin Donuts… It’s my favorite!
Reviewed October 31, 2019