Each applicant must have resided within the City for at least one year prior to the date of application.
In order to be considered for appointment, applicants must submit the following:
- A completed application, which is available at the Office of the City Clerk, or on the City’s website; (Scroll to the bottom, there is a blue circle icon or "button" indicating information on the vacancy.)
- Letter of interest;
- Current resume;
- Photograph; and
- City of Miami Beach oath.
- Hand delivery to the Office of the City Clerk at Miami Beach City Hall, 1700 Convention Center Drive, 1st Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33139;
- Email to RafaelGranado@miamibeachfl.gov or
- Postal mail to Office of the City Clerk at Miami Beach City Hall, 1700 Convention Center Drive, 1st Floor, Miami Beach, FL 33139.
The City Commission will hold a discussion during its meeting on Wednesday, January 23, 2019 at 5:00 p.m. to fill the vacant seat. All applicants and interested parties are encouraged to attend.
Application forms for appointment to the City Commission seat for Group IV are available here. For more information, please contact the Office of the City Clerk at 305.673.7411, or by email at RafaelGranado@miamibeachfl.gov.