Mayor Dan Gelber who wants to promote the City as a “world-class tourist and event destination” and pushed for the funding, said, “We recognize the potential role these funds will play in encouraging tourism and economic development.”
Applications for sponsorships will be taken in two windows. The first is open now through October 30, 2021 for events that take place between January 1, 2022 and September 30, 2022.
The second application period will be between January 1, 2022 and February 28, 2022 for events planned October 1, 2022 through September 30, 2023.
Sponsorship requests will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
- Unique and engaging events that improve the quality of life for residents.
- Events that increase tourism through group hotel sales and attendance.
- Accessibility for the general public.
- Events that contribute to the reputation of Miami Beach as a national and international destination.
- Events that enhance Miami Beach’s reputation as a cultural destination.
The City emphasizes, “Special consideration will be given to events that enhance Miami Beach’s reputation as a place to visit, live or work and events that celebrate Miami Beach’s rich heritage and beauty.”
Application and rules can be found here.
Photo: Scene from Art Deco Weekend 2018