Popular with the remote work crowd but we found it noisy, uncomfortable, and lacking amenities.
Best Coffee Shops for Working Remotely on Miami Beach Index
|Ease of Work||Environment||Overall|
|Panther Coffee||1875 Purdy Ave||2||3||5|
You won't be the only one with a laptop at this popular coffee shop, but this is no library. Instead, it's a place with heavy foot traffic that is ideal for networking over a cup of coffee. This is also an environment where you could respond to emails, check off administrative tasks or do some light reading without getting too distracted.
- Remote worker friendly
- If you’re looking for a community, it’s here
- Free Wi-Fi requires password
- One sofa, one large table, many small tables inside
- Small tables outside (some with metal chairs along with cement benches along the wall)
- Front area has more light and higher ceilings but the tables are clearly the first to be taken. We managed to snag one after a short while. There is less conversation, more working going on in the front.
- Outlets available along the wall for tables in the back and built into the long table top at the back
- Restrooms clean
- Noisy conversations in the back area… this may be more of a meeting space
- It’s dark inside with a lower ceiling in back lined with wood; it’s not unpleasant but it’s dark
- Outside tables have a steady stream of people walking by, same with tables toward the back of the interior space; in previous experiences there have been heavy smokers outside.
- Noisy bar from what seems to be cleaning up and putting away of items
- Benches in the front area (arguably the most work-friendly) partly cover electrical outlets so only the top is usable. Not well thought out.
- Wi-Fi very slow… we checked it and found it to be 3 mbps.
Michael: “This is my least favorite place so far. I like the look of it, but it’s not comfortable and it’s loud.”
Coffee:Susan (non fat latte): Definitely not a fan. Very bitter. Sugar can’t cut the bitterness.
Michael: Bitter even to him. “Some people love it, though!”
Reviewed November 5, 2019